Vidal: I joined Bayern to win the Champions League

Arturo Vidal says he opted to join Bayern Munich this summer in order to fulfil his ambition of winning the Champions League.
The Chile international, who moved to the Allianz Arena from Juventus in a €40 million deal, was a beaten finalist in last season's competition as the Italian champions lost 3-1 to Barcelona.
And, having been backed in his decision by national team coach Jorge Sampaoli, Vidal admits the chance to get his hands on the famous trophy was the main motivation behind his transfer.

"[Sampaoli] immediately said it was a great option for me," he said to Sport Bild. "Especially in terms of my desire to finally win the Champions League. Every player wants to hold the Champions League trophy in their hands at some point.
"So the decision to move to Bayern was easy."
Vidal added that the chance to work under Pep Guardiola was also a key factor behind his decision, especially as he believes Sampaoli's Chile system owes much to the former midfielder's own tactics.
"We were both of the opinion that Pep is one of the best coaches in the world. Our game with Chile contains a lot of Guardiola elements," he said.
The former Bayer Leverkusen enforcer went on to claim his fiery approach to the game is far removed from the more placid persona he shows off the pitch.
"I play football with a lot of passion and put my whole heart into the team. That's what I hope to do well for Bayern," the 28-year-old added.
"The private Arturo is quite sensitive. At home, I'm a quiet guy. On the pitch, I have a different personality. I feel the adrenaline rising and the urge to win."

Vidal: I joined Bayern to win the Champions League Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: nicole