Aguero eyes repeat Man City success with new number 10 shirt

Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero hopes his new No. 10 shirt proves as lucky as his previous number.

The reigning Golden Boot winner is moving away from the 16 shirt he has worn since joining the club in 2011, taking up the number left vacant by previous occupant, Edin Dzeko, who joined Roma on Friday.

Aguero won the Premier League twice, the League Cup once and the Community Shield while wearing his former number and the 27-year-old hopes his fortunes will continue while wearing No. 10.

He told CityTV: "16 was a beautiful number. With it I have won two Premier Leagues and one of them was crazy. I have been very happy with this number because I had really good moments with it.

"I wish to score a lot of goals because if not the fans would want me to come back to number 16."

The Argentina international admits he is pleased to have his new number as it is special to him.

"When I arrived at City the number 10 shirt was already taken by Edin, and obviously because Edin was here before me and for respect I had to choose another number.

"I always like the number 10 and at the club where I started, since I was a kid, I wore the number 10 until I played in the First Division in Argentina. I wore the number when I played for Atletico as well.

"It was only here that I changed my number. Now that Edin has gone to Roma the number was free and I asked if I could take it and I was told that obviously I can."

Fans who bought a shirt with Aguero's name and previous number he was set to wear in 2015-16 will get a chance to cash in, either by getting theirs signed or trading it in for his new No. 10.

Aguero eyes repeat Man City success with new number 10 shirt Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: nicole