Zouma: I'll play anywhere for Chelsea

Defender Kurt Zouma insists he is happy to play in any position for Chelsea as the club seek to retain their Premier League title in the upcoming season.

The French centre-back was deployed at left-back in Chelsea’s 2-2 friendly draw with Barcelona earlier this week, replacing Cesar Azpilicueta, while he deputised in midfield several times last season.

The Blues were eventually able to defeat Barca on penalties even with Zouma playing out of position and, despite his unfamiliarity with the role, the youngster says he is ready to fill in wherever he is needed in order to aid the club's title defence.

"It is a new position for me," Zouma told The Sun. "I played there only one time when I was at Vaulx-En-Velin, but I have to help the team.

"The boss put me at left-back and it was not a problem.

"I just wanted to play and enjoy the game. The most important thing was that we win and I could help the team."

Zouma also says that he intends to remain at Stamford Bridge for the foreseeable future, having made 26 appearances in all competitions in 2014-15.

"I learn a lot and I hope I will be at Chelsea for a long time," he added.

Zouma: I'll play anywhere for Chelsea Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: nicole